Let's make sure our children know the rules of the road:
- Keep to the right side of the road.
- Obey traffic signals (they're not just for cars).
- Keep lights and reflectors in working order.
- Use hand signals when turning.
- One person on a bike, unless a tandem.
- Be in control at all times.
For your safety:
- Avoid biking when roads are slippery.
- Travel single file.
- Be alert and courteous.
- Use reflective markings on your clothing and bike.
- Wear your helmet.
- And motorists, please slow down and be alert - children often aren't paying attention while having fun.